My favorite all time plant, the first I’ve ever planted and its growing amazingly so.
I love the aloe vera plant because it has so many benefits, it is good for the skin, face, hair and for health purposes.
A few years ago, 2017 I decided to plant my own aloe plant in our garden at home. Aloe has since been a part of my skin care regime. Raw as it is, no added products, just the gel and water and my skin has been looking bright and smooth ever since!
A friend of mine who has really amazing skin has recommended it to me a few years back and it has been a part of my skin care regimen since forever.
Although it turns to taste really awful and is very slimy. I have mastered a technique on how to use it without tasting it or even causing any irritation on my skin.
Wash the plant before use
Cut it into strips
Push out the gel into a bowl (preferably one you don’t use anymore)
Pour warm water into a basin
Lather your face with water
Spread the aloe Vera gel on your face
Keep for at least 10 minutes
I wouldn’t advise that you try this if you have sensitive skin.
Try this method every third day until you are comfortable with using the gel daily. Your glowing skin is guaranteed!
Benefits of using aloe vera gel:
- One of the greatest benefits of Aloe Vera is treating skin conditions.
- Aloe Vera can be used to treat acne.
- One benefit of Aloe Vera is treating wrinkles and aging skin.
- Using Aloe Vera can reduce plaque on the teeth.
- Aloe Vera can lower blood sugar levels.
- Another benefit of Aloe Vera is it deep conditions the hair.
- Aloe Vera is perfect for canker sores.
- Aloe Vera juice can be used as a laxative.
- Another benefit of Aloe Vera is using it to stop dandruff.
- Aloe Vera juice is perfect for keeping the liver functioning well.
Another way I use aloe vera gel is as a conditioner by mixing the gel with honey. It gives your hair enough nutrients and keeps it moist and gives it a perfect shine. My hair is also loving the mixture of water, conditioner and some aloe vera gel. This combination makes a great hair mist.
Have you tried using aloe vera gel on your skin or hair? What was the result?